CBD-öljy on kannabisöljyä hampusta
Mitä on CBD-öljy?
CBD-öljy on yksinkertaisesti sanottuna lääkekannabista ilman päihdyttäviä vaikutuksia.
Tältä sivulta löydät vastauksen seuraaviin kysymyksiin:
- Mitä on CBD-öljy tarkalleen ottaen?
- Mikä on CBD-öljyn käyttötarkoitus?
- Mitä CBD-öljy sisältää?
- Mihin CBD-öljyn vaikutukset perustuvat?
- Mitä on täyden spektrin CBD-öljy?
- Miten CBD-öljy valmistetaan?
- Miten valita itselleen parhaiten sopiva CBD-öljy?
- Miten varmistaa CBD-öljyn turvallisuus ja huippulaatu?
Mikäli et löydä vastausta kysymykseesi tältä sivulta tai sen linkeistä – saat asiantuntevan vastauksen viipymättä ottamalla yhteyttä asiakaspalveluumme.
*Viipymättä tarkoittaa – niin pian kuin mahdollista 🌱💚
What exactly is CBD oil?
CBD oil is an oil blend made from fibre hemp (Cannabis Sativa L.), which is a mixture of cannabinoid-containing CBD oil extract and carrier oil. The carrier oil acts as a carrier for the active substances, as CBD and other cannabinoids are fat-soluble.
CBD oil is available in pipettes that facilitate dosing. Single doses range from 1 to 40 drops as needed. Instructions for proper CBD oil dosing can be found in this complete CBD oil dosing guide.
CBD oil can also be made from medicinal cannabis (Cannabis Indica). If the product contains mostly THC, then it is a THC oil. CBD oils made from THC-containing cannabis plants are banned in the EU.
Some sites incorrectly use CBD oil as hemp oil.
CBD oil is not intoxicating because it is made from hemp. Hemp varieties accepted in Europe may contain up to 0.2% THC, which is the only psychoactive compound in cannabis plants.
In most cases, CBD oils made from industrial hemp contain a maximum of 0.1% THC, ie practically no at all. However, the more common THC content in CBD oils is closer to 0.05 %. CBD oil is also completely THC-free, but the synergistic effects of cannabinoids, i.e. the full spectrum effects, are lost.
The most used carrier oils and what are the good and bad of each:
|MCT oil:||Tastes and improves the absorption and shelf life of CBD oil|
|Hemp seed oil||Healthy omega 3, 6 and 9 fats and synergistic effects with CBD oil. The downside is that it is prone to spoilage.|
|Olive oil||Healthy omega 9 fatty acids. The downside is that it is prone to spoilage.|
How is CBD oil made?
CBD oil extract is made by extracting hemp plant material, flowers and leaves. Then CBD oil extract is mixed with the carrier oil to obtain the desired CBD content.
The three most widely used extraction methods in the world are alcohol extraction, butane extraction (BHO) extraction and CO2 extraction, i.e. supercritical carbon dioxide extraction.
What does CBD oil contain?
CBD oil contains compounds found naturally in cannabis plants; cannabinoids, terpenes, vegetable waxes and flavonoids.
In addition, heavy metals and, depending on the quality of the manufacturing process, other impurities may be concentrated in the CBD oil. Therefore, it is important to ensure that third-party cannabinoid analyzes are displayed on the product.
What is the impact of CBD oil based on?
The effects of CBD oil are based on phytocannabinoids and how they work in the body.
Phytocannabinoids are plant-derived cannabinoid compounds (e.g., CBD, CBDA, THCA, THC, CBG, CBG-A, CBN, etc.). They are natural terpenoids or phenolic compounds derived from cannabis plants in particular. (1)
Cannabinoids in CBD oil have the effect of maintaining the homeostasis of the body’s endocannabinoid system, i.e., maintaining the balance of the overall well-being of the body and individual organs.
The endocannabinoid system, or internal cannabinoid system, is one of the body’s most extensive receptor systems and is responsible for vital basic functions such as relaxation, sleep, release, and protection..
The endocannabinoid system forms a kind of protective network that, as part of the immune system and our central nervous system, seeks to balance the function of the brain and other cells when they receive a signal from an external or internal threat. It is like a bridge between body and mind. By understanding it more closely, one can see the mechanism that affects brain function, physical health, and the treatment and prevention of disease. (2)
What is full spectrum CBD oil?
Full Spectrum CBD oil contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids naturally found in hemp, just as nature has designed it. In total, at least 120 different cannabinoids and a total of 565 human health-promoting compounds have been identified in hemp. Other compounds found in hemp are compounds known from other herbs, i.e. terpenes and flavonoids. Terpenes give plants scents and flavonoids give plants flavor, color and texture.
A CBD oil made from a CBD isolate contains CBD alone and has significantly simpler effects on the body than a full spectrum CBD oil.
“The naturally occurring cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids in hemp act together and individually, directly or indirectly to balance the endocannabinoid system.”
The full spectrum of CBD oil gives you the richest effect of all the compounds naturally present in hemp, which produce the so-called Entourage Effect. In other words, full spectrum CBD oil contains all the compounds naturally present in hemp.
The theory of full spectrum effects is based on Ethan Russon’s theory of why some cannabinoids and terpenes act differently with other cannabinoids, with varying concentrations. An example of this is that CBD and CBG have been found to prevent MRSA infections and how this may be even more effective when combined with anti-MRSA terpenes.
|Full Spectrum includes:||CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, THC + other cannabinodes and terpenes, and flavonoids|
|Broad spectrum contains:||CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC + other cannabinoids and terpenes, and flavonoids|
The variety (s) of hemp used in the manufacture of CBD oils has the greatest impact on the spectrum of different cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids ultimately obtained in the CBD oil itself. CBD oil made from several different varieties of hemp contains a more diverse spectrum of different cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids than one made from a single variety.
How is CBD oil made?
CBD oil is made by extracting hemp plant material, i.e., flowers and leaves.
By extraction, the active compounds of hemp (cannabinoids, terpenes, vegetable waxes, flavonoids) are isolated from the plant material.
Unwanted compounds, such as heavy metals, are also released from the plant material when the cannabis plants accumulate in their leaves.
The three most commonly used extraction methods for the production of CBD oil are ethanol extraction, supercritical carbon dioxide extraction (CO2 extraction) and butane extraction (BHO extraction).
What does ethanol extraction mean?
In ethanol extraction, the plant material is dissolved in ethanol, which is kept at a low boiling point.
Ethanol is safe and effective in extracting fat-soluble and water-soluble compounds.
Advantages and disadvantages of ethanol extraction in CBD oil
- Food quality and safe
- Enables full spectrum
- Low risk of toxicity due to rapid evaporation of ethanol
- Extracts less desirable compounds
- Unwanted compounds make it less pure
What does CO2 extraction mean?
In CO2 extraction, carbon dioxide is converted into a liquid by pressure, which then absorbs the fat-soluble compounds and aromas of hemp. The carbon dioxide is then converted to gas again.
Supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) is an odorless, non-toxic, colorless liquid gas that is safe to use to make high-quality extracts.
Indeed, CO2 extraction is widely used in the pharmaceutical, food supplement and cosmetics industries.
Advantages and disadvantages of CO2 extraction in CBD oil
- Clean and ecological
- Elintarvikelaatuinen ja turvallinen
- Mahdollistaa täyden spektrin
- Expensive method
What does BHO extraction mean?
Butane extraction (BHO) uses hydrocarbons such as butane and propane alone or as a mixture of solvents.
The low boiling points of hydrocarbons allow for the greatest amount of cannabinoids and terpenes.
In the wrong hands, hydrocarbon solvents are destructive. May pose safety risks in the laboratory and leave residues of solvent in the final product.
Advantages and disadvantages of BHO extraction in CBD oil
- Enables the best full spectrum
How to choose the best CBD oil for yourself?
There are many different types of CBD oils and products on the market today and they are made for many different purposes. The quality and safety of the products is like a wild west and it can be hard to know which is the best CBD oil.
For more help choosing a product, see Article 4 Ways to Choose the Best CBD Product
Refer to the CBD Oil Dosing Guide for proper dosing instructions.
How to ensure the safety and quality of CBD oil?
Quality CBD oil meets the following criteria:
- It is prepared by the CO2 extraction method
- It has been analyzed by a third party laboratory
- It has been tested to be free of heavy metals
- It has been tested to be free of contamination
Be sure to check the following 6 things about CBD oil or the website that sells it:
1. How is CBD oil made?
Is the product made by extraction?
- CO2 extraction = subtle, safe and efficient
- Butane extraction (BHO) = dangerous, harmful and toxic
If you are not sure whether CBD oil has been CO2 extracted – it may be butane extracted, allowing butane residues in the final product to be possible.
Is the product made by freeze-drying and freeze-drying?
- Cold pressing and freeze-drying = are subtle methods that guarantee 100% safe and certainly natural full spectrum
- NOTE! Cold pressed hemp oil, ie hemp seed oil does not contain cannabinoids (CBD, THC, etc.)
2. Have CBD concentrations been analyzed by a third party?
- If the analyzes are not visible, you cannot be sure of the concentrations of that CBD oil, nor can you
- See the product images on the product pages for the CBD and cannabinoid contents of the CBD products we offer.
3. Has a heavy metal analysis been performed on CBD oil?
- Heavy metals are easily accumulated in products extracted / concentrated from plant material, so CBD oils and other CBD products should always be analyzed by third party laboratories.
- If no analyzes are available on the CBD oil sales website – the products may contain excessive levels of heavy metals that are hazardous to health
4. Has CBD oil been analyzed for contamination by a third party?
- In the absence of contamination analyzes, you will not be able to use that CBD oil safely orally – because the CBD product has not been manufactured to meet food safety criteria.
5. Does the CBD oil seller / site offer certificates for its products or operations?
- No novel food authorization has been granted for any CBD oil or CBD products in the European Union. The matter can be easily checked From EIHA
- Organic requires organic certification in the European Union – if CBD oil is certified organic, the packaging must be EU organic magazine logo
- Non GMO Project – SANA Hemp Juice Non GMO Project Certificate
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) refers to the good manufacturing practices required for pharmaceuticals.
- International Organic and Natural Cosmetics Certificate COSMOS-STANDARD – SANA hemp juice products COSMOS-STANDARD certificate
6. Does the seller of CBD oil state that its products are registered?
- Edible CBD oil and other CBD products cannot be registered in the European Union in any way, so if a site says CBD oils are registered, this is either invented in a marketing sense, or the product is a cosmetic or prescription drug.
- Elaine Goncalves and others. Terpenoids, Cannabimimetic Ligands, beyond the Cannabis Plant. 2020. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/340403344_Terpenoids_Cannabimimetic_Ligands_beyond_the_Cannabis_Plant#page28 referred to 11.10.2021
- Bradley Alger. Getting High on the Endocannabinoid System. 2013. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3997295/ referred to 11.10.2021
Experiences in the hemp industry since 2014
Our mission is to provide the best CBD oil and good experiences
Our goal is to make the best CBD oils and CBD products on earth available to everyone and to offer good experiences of using the products.
The experience we have gained since 2014 with uniquely the best hemp products and manufacturing methods has enabled us to have the know-how and networks to continue to be the best CBD products provider.
Satisfied customers confirm that we are successful in matters such as expert service, prompt delivery and quality products. Read customer experiences about CBD oil in product reviews and on the blog.
Any questions left?
Our experts will be happy to help and are always available to you (Finnish / English).